On today's episode Chris talks with award-winning expert Denita Lacking-Quinn. She is a Senior Outreach Specialist for the City of Dallas Small Business Center and leads the Marketing & Awareness workgroup for the B.U.I.L.D. Ecosystem Network. Denita talks about her experiences in this field and the challenges one must go through in order to grow a business.
- Who Denita considered as a hero
- When she decided to go into business for herself and being an entrepreneur
- The mindset and habits Denita had to step up to challenges and beat them
- Did Denita ever consider writing as a career to pursue
- The philosophy of giving children a voice and a chance to speak their mind
- How Denita went after clients and landed them a role in business
- What was the hardest decision for Denita to make in her career
- What is Denita’s biggest fear in spite of all her accomplishments
- What are the services that she offers that help people aspiring to start their own business
- The challenges of starting a business, both non-profit and for-profit
- The best decision Denita made in her career
3 Principles For Success:
- Give yourself grace to fail, to succeed, to be free, and to say what you don’t know.
- Plan everything out.
- Learn the business of your business.
Social Media Links:
City of Dallas Small Business Center
Quotes from Episode:
- I don’t care if it failed, but you’re gonna try. And if it failed, you’re going to figure out why it did, and you’re still gonna finish the deed.
- We won’t achieve anything if everyone keeps everything to themselves.
- I’m looking for services that lead with empathy, not sympathy.
Contact Chris Howell:
Chris Howell Communications: