In this episode Chris talks with Carrington Smith Trabue, a former trial lawyer, best-selling author, single mom, and owner of Carrington Legal Search. For the past twenty-two years, Carrie has advised executives on careers and life.
- The most exciting part of Carrie’s career, and how she ended up running an executive search firm
- The cause for the decline of people aspiring to become a lawyer
- What is Carrie’s approach to “designing your life”
- Knowing what is truly important for you
- A moment from Carrie’s life that defined her
- The importance of owning your story, instead of hiding it
- Has Carrie always had the mindset of helping others
- The need for more transparency and vulnerability in today’s society
- What advice does Carrie have for those aspiring to go to C-Suite level
- What Carrie attributes her success to
Carrington Smith Trabue
- President of Carrington Legal Search
Social Media Links:
Carrington Legal Search
Quotes from Episode:
- The moments that we don’t want to define us, end up defining us the most.
- Own your stories instead of hiding them.
- With adversity comes opportunity.
- Ask for advice, they give you money. Ask for money, they give you advice.
Contact Chris Howell: