In this episode Chris and the team talk with Jerod Couch, producer and director of the indie series #WASHED and two-time Regional Emmy winner. Despite 15 years of experience creating content, #WASHED is Jerod’s foray into filmmaking and long-form scripted content. He relishes in the intricacies of organization and culture-building, marketing, and overall strategy of television-film.
- Who is Jerod Couch
- What or who inspired him to get into the film industry
- The meaning behind the name #WASHED and the synopsis of the show
- What was it like to put in the work and effort and be rewarded with Emmy’s
- The challenges one may go through if they neglect celebrating moments of success
- Understanding the business aspects of a project; how to grow your team and get your projects out there
- The importance of the structure and the people behind the scenes
- What lead Jerod to sacrifice and volunteer as a production assistant for ESPN when he easily could have said no
- What advice would Jerod give to those aspiring in the film industry, given the current climate with COVID
- How do all of Jerod’s successes compare to being a father
- The difficulty and payoff of having someone else do the work on your behalf
- The importance of having your spouse play a role alongside you
- Other projects Jerod is working on besides #WASHED
3 Principles For Success:
- Use your energy to hone your craft to a point where all you need to do is point at the scoreboard.
- Take the breaks off.
- If you’re not embarrassed by your first work, you started too late.
Mentioned In Episode:
- Writer, Producer, and Director of #WASHED. Two-time Emmy winner.
Social Media Links:
Quotes from Episode:
- And a lot of times it’s a blessing, because you realize exactly who you are, and not the perception of who you think you should be.
- If you’re not a leader, that’s fine.
- Don’t start writing your story with a beginning in mind. Know the endpoint, then come back and start writing the beginning.
- I will take “consistently good” over “occasionally great” any day of the week.